Raid Controller

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Fri May 25 14:58:37 UTC 2007

> I am building a file server off freeBSD, and am wondering if my sata raid
> controller is supported by the OS.  I have the Addonics *4 Port RAID 5 /
> JBOD SATA II PCI Controller (ADSA4R5) controller host.  The chipset is
> Silicon Image Sil 3124.  If this raid card is not supported, can I install
> drivers once the system is running?  Where would I find them for freeBSD?

The 3124 is listed as supported in the "ad" manpage. However, in general
a lot of people (including me) have had troubles with Silicon Image
chipsets (google("freebsd sil3112 timeout") etc). I have had trouble
with at least the 3112 and the 3114.

I recommend some Googling on the specific situation with the 3124.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrieval: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org