Firefox-2.0.0.3 will not compile/cannot add_pkg

lysergius2001 lysergius2001 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 20:16:44 UTC 2007

Can anyone help with this?

When I try to compile Firefox in FBSD 6.2 I get this...

checking for valid optimization flags... yes
checking for __cxa_demangle... yes
checking for gcc -pipe support... yes
checking whether compiler supports -Wno-long-long... yes
checking whether C compiler supports -fprofile-generate... yes
checking for correct temporary object destruction order... yes
checking for correct overload resolution with const and templates... no
checking for libIDL-2.0 >= 0.8.0... yes
checking LIBIDL_CFLAGS...
-I/usr/local/include/libIDL-2.0-I/usr/local/include/glib-
2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include
checking LIBIDL_LIBS... -L/usr/local/lib   -lIDL-2 -lglib-2.0 -liconv
checking for glib-2.0 >= 1.3.7... yes
checking GLIB_CFLAGS... -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/local/lib/glib-
2.0/include
checking GLIB_LIBS... -L/usr/local/lib   -lglib-2.0 -liconv
checking for cairo >= 0.3.0... yes
checking CAIRO_CFLAGS... -I/usr/local/include/cairo
-I/usr/local/include/freetype2 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
checking CAIRO_LIBS... -L/usr/local/lib   -lcairo
configure: error: Could not compile basic X program.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
"http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
gnome at FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
"/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla/config.log", (b) the output of the
failed
make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output. Also, it might be a good
idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (i.e.
an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any website, copy-and-paste
into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use send-pr(1) with the
attachment.
Try to avoid sending any attachments to the mailing list (gnome at FreeBSD.org
),
because attachments sent to FreeBSD mailing lists are usually discarded by
the mailing list software.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.
*** Error code 1

Similarly trying to pkg_add gives :

pkg_add: can't stat package file 'firefox-2.0.0.3'

--
Lysergius says, "Stay light, but trust gravity"