freebsd broken after kernel re-compile.

Yanko Sanchez y at rem7.cc
Tue May 22 15:19:21 UTC 2007

well yesterday I recompiled the kernel again turning on and off some of the
options I had previously changed just to see if that what would change. I
was able to get both NIC cards up and the routing services on. The problem
is that now the card that used to be rl0 is now rl1 and the one that used to
be rl1 is now rl0. It doesn't really matter that much since I just had to
change the variables in some settings. And everything started working fine.
Is there a reason why this happened? why did the system re-asisgn the names
of the NICs?