[freebsd-questions] Can't build php5?

Beech Rintoul beech at alaskaparadise.com
Mon May 21 21:20:06 UTC 2007

On Monday 21 May 2007, Patrick Baldwin said:
> Hi, I'm in the process of trying to build a Horde/IMP server.  I
> started by freshly installing & updating 6.2-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD.  I
> then installed IMP package with pkg_add -r imp.  All seemed to go
> well.  I then started working my way through configuring the
> various newly installed things.
>
> From:
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-a
>pache.html
>
> I added:
>
> LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache/libphp5.so
>
> AddModule mod_php5.c
>      <IfModule mod_php5.c>
>          DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
>      </IfModule>
>      <IfModule mod_php5.c>
>          AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>          AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>      </IfModule>
>
> To my /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf file.
>
> When I tried to restart Apache, I get:
>   apachectl start
> Syntax error on line 238 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp5.so into server:
> Cannot open "/usr/local/libexec/apache/libphp5.so"
> /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>

> And sure enough, it's not there.  I go to /usr/ports/lang/php5,
> Run make config install, telling it to build Apache module, and
> I get:
>
> ===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
> ===>  Found saved configuration for php5-5.2.2
> => suhosin-patch-5.2.2-0.9.6.2.patch.gz doesn't seem to exist in
> /usr/ports/distfiles/.
> => Attempting to fetch from
> http://www.hardened-php.net/suhosin/_media/. fetch:
> http://www.hardened-php.net/suhosin/_media/suhosin-patch-5.2.2-0.9.
>6.2.patch.gz: Connection refused
> => Attempting to fetch from
> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/.
> fetch:
> ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/suhosin-patch-5.2
>.2-0.9.6.2.patch.gz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no
> access)
> => Couldn't fetch it - please try to retrieve this
> => port manually into /usr/ports/distfiles/ and try again.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php5.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/lang/php5.
>

> My goal here is to get a working FreeBSD 6.2 Horde/IMP server.  I'm
> new to all these things, so if I'm going about this the hard or the
> stupid way, please don't hesitate to tell me.  It seemed like the
> easiest and fastest way to get a working install would be to
> install the package, but maybe I'm wrong.
>
> Regards,

The problem is there have been upgrades to php and their server is
currently down. This has been reported by several people and all I
can suggest is to try again later. FWIW, I just tried to fetch and
it's still down.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Port Maintainer - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html