Xorg 7.2.0 Release

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 19 23:06:23 UTC 2007

On 5/20/07, Gerard <gerard at seibercom.net> wrote:
> On Saturday May 19, 2007 at 06:04:51 (PM) Sergey Kovalev wrote:
> > I'm going to try upgrading ports tree via portsnap tomorrow.
> > I wonder is it safe to fetch changes via portsnap since I don't exactly
> > know if there is great difference between csup and portsnap from Xorg
> > upgrade perspective.
>
> I just updated the ports tree via 'portsnap'. There is something like
> 3000+ patches. Read the 'UPDATING' file before updating. I am going to
> wait a week before I do so as to avoid the inevitable bugs, etc. that
> will crop up.

# portsnap fetch
Looking up portsnap.FreeBSD.org mirrors... using portsnap1.FreeBSD.org
Fetching snapshot tag... done.
Fetching snapshot metadata... done.
Updating from Thu May 17 03:05:14 MSD 2007 to Sun May 20 00:53:51 MSD 2007.
Fetching 1 metadata patches. done.
Applying metadata patches... done.
Fetching 0 metadata files... done.
Fetching 6178 patches.....