Problems upgrading a 6.0 install to 6.2-RELEASE-p4

Andreas Rudisch cyb. at gmx.net
Fri May 18 16:38:15 UTC 2007

On Fri, 18 May 2007 17:54:41 +0200, Andrew Falanga <af300wsm at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ok, I'm reading through the web link you sent.  I see in section
> 23.4.1 the steps are:
>
> # make buildworld
> # make buildkernel
> # make installkernel
> # reboot
>
> <reboot to single user mode that is>
>
> # mergemaster -p
> # make installworld
> # mergemaster
> # reboot
>
> I did these steps then, and I'm still getting the missing audit group
> errors.  What is this audit group, what's its function, etc.?  Since
> nothing of "world" has been installed yet, can I simply erase /usr/src
> and replace with the 6.0-RELEASE cd's, which I have, and then do the
> cvsup once again.  This time doing a mergemaster *before* I buildworld
> and then installworld?
>
> Andy

In /usr/src/UPDATING you can find.

20060204:
         The 'audit' group was added to support the new auditing
functionality
         in the base system.  Be sure to follow the directions for updating,
         including the requirement to run mergemaster -p.

Either you add the group manually or you make sure to use mergemaster
and merge the required files _correctly_.

Andreas