module compile error

Luigi Iannone iannone at info.ucl.ac.be
Wed May 16 17:47:30 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement a freebsd module, but I'm blocked on the
following error:

When I try to compile my module, which has the following event handler

static int
module_event(module_t mod, int type, void *data)
{
   int err = 0;
   int s;

   switch (type) {
   case MOD_LOAD:

	s =   socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0);           /* THIS IS THE
ERROR...*/

#ifdef LISP_DEBUG
	log(LOG_DEBUG,"  Module loaded ");
#endif /* LISP_DEBUG */

	break;

   case MOD_UNLOAD:

#ifdef LISP_DEBUG
	log(LOG_DEBUG,"  Module unloaded");
#endif /* LISP_DEBUG */

	break;

   default:
         err = EINVAL;
	break;
   }
   return err;
}

The compiler blocks with the error "warning: implicit declaration of
function 'socket' ..... "warning: nested extern declaration of
'socket'".

Any hint on what I do wrong?

If this is not the correct mailinglist  I apologies, just let me know
where to send my question.

Thanks

iannone at info.ucl.ac.be