Fwd: troubles with libxslt and libxml2 from ports.

Jeff MacDonald bignose at gmail.com
Tue May 15 17:03:48 UTC 2007

On 5/15/07, Jeff MacDonald <bignose at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/15/07, Pav Lucistnik <pav at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Jeff MacDonald píše v út 15. 05. 2007 v 11:23 -0400:
> >
> > > I'm trying to install textproc/libxslt on a 6.1 machine.
> > >
> > > The issue is, is that it needs libxml2 - 2.6.27 . I've installed this
> > > version but everytime I try to install libxslt it complains saying it
> > > can only find libxml2 2.6.22
> > >
> > > Here is a type script of my build process
> > >
> > > http://www.suite2101.com/help
> >
> > And what is your installed libxml2 version, really?
> > What pkg_info output lists?
>
> dns1# pkg_info | grep xml
> libxml2-2.6.27      XML parser library for GNOME
> py24-libxml2-2.6.27 Python interface for XML parser library for GNOME
>
> For the record, I was able to reproduce this on another FreeBSD machine.

Well, I'm replying to all here, tho I'm not sure where to ofically report it

there is a file xml2-config that exists in both /usr/bin by default
and ports installs it in /usr/local/bin

/usr/bin is set in my path first. So for now I've just renamed
/usr/bin/xml2-config to /usr/bin/xml2-config.dist and things seem to
be working fine.

Thanks for the replies.

--
Unless otherwise indicated, anything I write is either garnered from
experience or pulled out of my ass, depending on situational needs..

Jeff MacDonald