Unable to mount HDD - Newbie question

Oscar Chavarria cyberbuzzard at gmail.com
Mon May 14 15:12:02 UTC 2007

I lost environmental power temporarily a few days ago, and when it was back
(almost immediately), the machine restarted without any input from me.

I had mounted to /home a 30 GB usb 2.0 hdd.

I tried mounting again since I did not find it in df.

The prompt is always "WARNING: /home was not properly dismounted.

The output from dmesg is:
da0 at umass-sim0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <HITACHI- DK23....> etc....
WARNING: /home was not properly dismounted.

Thanks in advance for any help to mount the disk again.

--
Regards

Oscar Chavarria
Mobile:          +506 814-0247

*** The more I know people the more I love my FreeBSD ***

--- In a world without boundaries, we don't need Windows or Gates ---