cdrtools question

AN andy at neu.net
Sun May 13 22:36:53 UTC 2007

On Sun, 13 May 2007, Roland Smith wrote:

> On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 09:33:49PM +0000, AN wrote:
>>  I am having a problem, and I hope someone can help me.  I use a program
>>  called Xcdroast to burn DVDs.  I can no longer burn DVDs because I do not
>>  have the correct version of cdrtools.  This is what I have installed on my
>>  system running on FreeBSD 6.2stable:
>>
>>  # pkg_info|grep cdr
>>  cdrdao-1.2.1        Record CD-R[W]s in disk-at-once mode
>>  cdrtools-2.01_5     CD/CD-R[W] and ISO-9660 image creation and extraction
>>  tools
> <snip>
>>          NOTE: the DVD-recording drivers have been added to the OpenSource
>>          part on May 15th 2006 with cdrtools-2.01.01a09.
>>
>>                  See ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/
>>
>>  So, my question is how do I get the correct version of cdrtools to enable
>>  writing DVDs?  Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Install the cdrtools-devel port instead of cdrtools. That should give
> you 2.01.01a11.
>
> Or you can install dvd+rw-tools, which can burn DVDs.
>
> Roland
> --
> R.F.Smith                                   http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/
> [plain text _non-HTML_ PGP/GnuPG encrypted/signed email much appreciated]
> pgp: 1A2B 477F 9970 BA3C 2914  B7CE 1277 EFB0 C321 A725 (KeyID: C321A725)

Hi Roland:

Thanks for getting back to me.  I tried your suggestion, but it did not
work.  Here's what I did:

1 Tried to pkg_delete cdrtools
that failed because of dependencies

2 pkg_delete -f
that deleted the old crtools

3 install compat5x
it became necessary some time time ago

4 installed 2.01.01a11 from ports with make install clean
installed successfully

Now when I start xcdroast the main menu comes up, but there is no option
for DVD only CD.

What else can I do to try to figure this out?

Thanks,

Andy