cdrtools question

AN andy at neu.net
Sun May 13 21:33:50 UTC 2007

I am having a problem, and I hope someone can help me.  I use a program
called Xcdroast to burn DVDs.  I can no longer burn DVDs because I do not have
the correct version of cdrtools.  This is what I have installed on my
system running on FreeBSD 6.2stable:

# pkg_info|grep cdr
cdrdao-1.2.1        Record CD-R[W]s in disk-at-once mode
cdrtools-2.01_5     CD/CD-R[W] and ISO-9660 image creation and extraction
tools

# camcontrol devlist
<PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716A 1.08>      at scbus1 target 0 lun 0 (pass0,cd0)

The following is from the website where I used to get cdrtools binary:

This directory includes binary versions of cdrecord-ProDVD
                         for various platforms

         NOTE: the DVD-recording drivers have been added to the OpenSource
         part on May 15th 2006 with cdrtools-2.01.01a09.

                 See ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/

There is no longer a need for a key.

So, my question is how do I get the correct version of cdrtools to enable
writing DVDs?  Thanks in advance for any help.