How to recompile the VIM port for GUI

Andrew Falanga af300wsm at gmail.com
Sun May 13 02:36:57 UTC 2007

On 5/11/07, RW <fbsd06 at mlists.homeunix.com> wrote:

> Don't do that.
>
> I'm wondering if this is due to the prefix change. Look at the output
> of:
>
>    pkg_info -px "^gtk-"
>
> If you don't see
>
>         CWD to /usr/local
>
> for your GTK ports, you'll need the rebuild some stuff:
>
>   pkgdb -Ff
>   portupgrade -rf pkg-config\*

What is the pkg-config* package anyway?  When you said here that I'd
have to rebuild some stuff, I didn't think you meant every single port
in the system.

I finally got the pkgdb -Ff to work, but I had to remove a couple of
packages that kept kicking it out because two packages placed files in
the same place.  I don't recall the packages now, but it the pkgdb did
finally work.  Then I did the portupgrade -rf pkg-config\*.  That was
last night (Friday) @ ~10.  It's probably taken longer than it should
have because I went to bed at 12 and got up through the night to
answer the prompts.  However, here it is 8:34 on Saturday night (MST)
and it's still building KDE.

I think that there was some things that hadn't upgraded before even
though I thought that they had.  I have a very serious question now.
How am I supposed to know to check that stuff you said to with
"pkg_info -px "^gtk-" and look for "CWD /usr/local" instead of what I
had for everything "CWD /usr/X11"?  How did you know that?  Would that
all have been in that /usr/ports/UPDATING?

Thanks for the help.

Andy