temp

WizLayer wizlayer at gmail.com
Sat May 12 06:13:13 UTC 2007

On Friday 11 May 2007 11:57:11 pm you wrote:
> It's a fairly high end board (for it's day of course), I don't know if
> I'd call it a "winboard" :)
>
> Tyan MPX 2466n-4m
>
> The chipset is also fairly standard and well supported:
> AMD 760 MP
> ( AMD-762 north bridge & AMD-766 south bridge on this specific board)
>
> All their tech specs on this chipset can be found here:
> http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/TechnicalResources/0,,30_182_739_1130,0
>0.html
>
> Thanks for looking into this for me!  If you need any more documents
> let me know what your looking for and I'll dig around AMDs site some
> more... they are usually good at releasing specs and helping the open
> source community, but there site is kind of cumbersome at times. :)
>  How long does it usually take ya for an update like this?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> -J
>
> On 5/12/07, WizLayer <wizlayer at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Friday 11 May 2007 10:36:27 pm you wrote:
> > > hrm, thanks.   It gives me voltage, but doesn't report any of the
> > > temperatures.
> > >
> > > Under windows there are at least 6 different temp monitors I can
> > > watch.  This only reports 255.0, 0, 0
> > >
> > > I've tried both chipset options.  It's a Tyan dual AMD MP board.

> > Then check to see if they have drivers or are willing to share their
> > specs with the open source communities so that we can build their drivers
> > for them...  Don't know what else to tell you.  If they're not helping
> > the developers help them, then they're stuck in the mud without support.
> > That's their fault.  Call them and complain.
> >
> > BTW...  I get the same thing because likewise, this vendor is just as
> > irresponsible.  Oh well...  I won't buy from them again because sometimes
> > stupid just can't be fixed.
> >
> > Sorry couldn't be of more help other than to tell you that it sounds like
> > we have WinMobos (ie not worth the card the circuitry is printed on)
> >
> > WizLayer

Top-posting is a very windowsy thing to do, and leaves the reader to have to
deal with a backwards conversation...

Speaking of...  Just check out your devd.conf manpage, and do a man sysctl and
man sysctl.conf.  Providing that you have ACPI enabled, you should have the
stuff there already.  With devd.conf, you can set your action points (alarms,
suspend, play "Ice Ice Baby.mp3," shutdown, email someone, dial Mom...
Whatever).  Just kidding about the Ice part...  Don't do it.  :)

For a quickie-look at where you are right now, do a
sysctl -a | grep thermal | grep temp
(just grep thermal to see what the rest of the stuff is that you may want to
play with)....  and have fun.

WizLayer

--

Life is better with a BSD.