WOW! {Or Holy whatever}

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Wed May 9 23:07:01 UTC 2007

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 03:09:09PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:

> 	I asked somebody directly, but I may as well ask the entire list.
> 	I'm looking for a video-card.   The more recent mobo's (like the
> 	i815) have them builtin.  My 750MHz machine uses the SRAM for
> 	its v-RAM.  My old Kayaks came with Matrox Millennium 8MB video
> 	card that give me Plenty of resolution under xorg.  I just did a
> 	web search and find an "AGP" card for seriously cheap with 256MB
> 	of memory.  It's an "eVGA e-GeForce FX5500"   Whatever!
>
> 	I'm no gamer (but just-might-wanna play some auto racing games).
> 	All I care about is a) that the card fits by KVM plug with a
> 	three-row pinout, and of course, b), that FBSD has a driver for
> 	this card.   ....All of my computers have this 3-row male pin,
> 	so need a 3-row female jack/socket.

	Ok, I found the type of connnector or jack or socket I need.
	It is an HD15 "15 pin high denisity D-SUB female connector" with
	sockets 1 to 5 on the first row, 6 thru 10, 2nd, 11 to 15 on the
	bottom.  This on http://pinouts.ru.  VGA.

	I'll google aroubd further, but still would be much obliged for
	input from anybody ... .

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix