ip refresh, resolv.conf and local scripts on startup?

Jack Barnett jackbarnett at gmail.com
Wed May 9 07:24:09 UTC 2007

hrm, thanks, but this doesn't seem to work:

`ifconfig xl0 down` doesn't do anything... executes without error, but the
interface stays up.

`/sbin/dhclient`  gets a new IP, but doesn't "re-do" the firewall with new
IP, so everything is broken.

  echo nameserver 123.34.45.67  > /etc/resolv.conf
  echo  nameserver 321.23.67.328 >> /etc/resolv.conf

This is over written on startup/reboot by the dhcpclient.  If I modify the
file, then it tries to "correct" it self and over writes the file with the
DNS servers provided via the DHCP server.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Jack