ppp.conf + resolv.conf

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Tue May 8 10:42:36 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 18:32 +0100, Matthew Seaman wrote:

Not actually tested this, ip-up might be a little early for this

$ cat > /etc/ppp/ppp-linkup
#!/bin/sh
(
	/bin/echo -e "domain foo\nnameserver 192.168.1.1\n";
	/usr/bin/grep nameserver /etc/resolv.conf
) > /tmp/resolv.conf
/bin/mv /tmp/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf
^D
$ chmod +x /etc/ppp/ppp.linkup

Or add "resolv readonly" to your ppp.conf, and maintain your resolv.conf
yourself.