Ports forbids me to install compat3x-i386

Theorem theorem21 at gmail.com
Sun May 6 16:27:50 UTC 2007

Stevan Tiefert wrote:
>> I need to install the port misc/compat3x-i386 as a dependency for the
>> port audio/mbrola. The port misc/compat3x-i386 is marked as IGNORE and
>> it returns an error after "portinstall compat3x-i386":
>>
>> vagabund# portinstall compat3x-i386
>> ** Port marked as IGNORE: misc/compat3x:
>>         is forbidden: "FreeBSD-SA-03:05.xdr, FreeBSD-SA-03:08.realpath
>> - not fixed / no lib available"
>>
> How can I install the port compat3x-i386?

'make install' ?

The port you're trying to install ( mbrola ) is binary only and requires
libraries that are no longer either 1. in the expected locations or 2. replaced
by something better.   I suspect since the maintainer for compat3x listed as
ports at freebsd.org then there's not much you can do other than mail that list.

	If you decide to hack up your own BSD dist, drag in the binary from ports, and
keep adding libraries to your system.  The errors from the binary should point
out what's wrong and what to add next.

Not much help, good luck.

Theorem