RSA SecurID Pam Module Support?

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Thu May 3 17:19:46 UTC 2007

Hello All:

We have recently purchased an RSA SecurID Appliance and there are no
native libraries for *BSD OS's.  I have downloaded and installed the
appropriate files within the Linux Compat environment, but I'm not
having any success making it work.  Specifically, the key file in
question is /compat/linux/lib/pam_securid.so.  When I add the
appropriate configuration line to /etc/pam.d/sshd and attempt to log in
I get the following:

May  3 09:43:01 ad-mon01 sshd[30508]: in openpam_load_module(): no
/compat/linux/lib/pam_securid.so found
May  3 09:43:01 ad-mon01 sshd[30508]: fatal: PAM: initialisation failed

Of course, the file actually does exist.

-rwxr-xr-x  1 1047  900  895304 May  2 11:13
/compat/linux/lib/pam_securid.so

Has anyone had any success getting this .so to work under FreeBSD,
specifically 6.2 Release?

Regards and Thanks,

Mike