Easiest method to install a DVD writer

dave at transducertech.com dave at transducertech.com
Thu May 3 16:56:19 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a desktop Compaq computer running the latest stable version of
FreeBSD. I want to install a DVD writer to use for backups (either internal
or USB). Can someone recommend the easiest method to do this by? Is there a
list of supported DVD writers for the latest stable version of FreeBSD? I
don't want to spend a lot of time configuring it. I just want to install
something I know will work, with minimal need for configuration. Also, will
I need special software to do the actual writing? If so, what free software
works well and is easy to use? Suggestions? Success stories?

Thanks,
Dave

P.S. Please include this email address in the reply:
dave at transducertech.com, otherwise I won't see your response.