Why is 6.2-RELEASE/packages/Latest/ not latest enough?

Andrew Pantyukhin infofarmer at FreeBSD.org
Thu May 3 11:28:01 UTC 2007

On 5/3/07, Stevan Tiefert <stevan_tiefert at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have installed via pkg_add -r various packages for my 6.2-RELEASE. I
> have recognized that on this way I will not get always the newest
> package.

You only get the packages compiled during the release
process. Newer packages are only built for 6-stable and
7-current. The hard truth is that we don't have enough
human/hardware resources to keep 6.2 packages up-to-date.