How to find HorizSync / VertRefresh rates?

Victor Engmark victor.engmark at gmail.com
Thu May 3 07:52:20 UTC 2007

On 5/2/07, Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> wrote:

> "Victor Engmark" <victor.engmark at gmail.com> writes:
> > I'm trying to create a pristine xorg.conf, but I've been unable to
> > find proper values for HorizSync and VertRefresh for my Dell Latitude
> > D610.
>
> These parameters are meaningless for an LCD panel.  Leave them out,
> and X.org will DTRT.  The wrong values will *not* fry your panel.

OK, I'll settle for that one. But then, why do I get a warning that the
default HorizSync rate is out of the DDC rates for my screen? I assume that
the screen will report a bogus value when queried about the rate if it's not
applicable. X.org should be able to detect such values, to avoid any false
warnings. Anyone else think this warrants a bug report?

--
Victor Engmark
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur - What is said in Latin, sounds