Sysinstall

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Tue May 1 03:45:04 UTC 2007

Some time ago I seem to remember being able to use sysinstall from a
newer version CD to update an existing system.  What I wanted to do
was keep the original disk partitioning and just install the new
system over the old one.  However, with 6.2 release I don't seem to
be able to do it anymore.  When I get to the disk partitioning it
shows the FreeBSD partition properly, but the name has changed from
da0s1 to da0bs1.  Hence when I get to the next step of setting up the
slices it cant find da0sb1 as its not in the system.  There doesn't
appear to be any option to correct the name.