Printer issue

Ivan Zenzerović zenzof1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 23:11:10 UTC 2007

Thanks, I'll try to configure it now.

/etc/printcap/

#       @(#)printcap    5.3 (Berkeley) 6/30/90
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/printcap,v 1.14 2004/06/06 11:46:27 schweikh Exp $

#
# This enables a simple local "raw" printer, hooked up to the first
# parallel port.  No kind of filtering is done, so everything you pass
# to the "lpr" command will be printed unmodified.
#
# Remember, for further print queues you're going to add, you have
# to choose different spool directories (the "sd" capability below),
# otherwise you will greatly confuse lpd.
#
# For some advanced printing, have a look at the "apsfilter" package.
# It plugs into the lpd system, allowing you to print a variety of
# different file types by converting everything to PostScript(tm)
# format.  For more information about apsfilter visit
#
#            http://www.apsfilter.org/
#
# If you don't have a PostScript(tm) printer, don't panic, but do
# also install the latest "ghostscript" package for best printer support.
#
# Do also refer to the "printing" section of the handbook.
#
#
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/printing.html
#
# A local copy can be found under
#
#       /usr/share/doc/handbook/handbook.{html,latin1}.
#
# Banner pages are now suppressed by default.  Remove the :sh: capability
# to turn them back on.
#
#lp|local line printer:\
#       :sh:\
#       :lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:
#
# Sample remote printer.  The physical printer is on machine "lphost".
# You can perform any kind of local filtering directly.  If you need
# local filters (e.g. LF -> CR-LF conversion for HP printers), create
# a filter script that sends the proper escape sequence to the printer
# and then concatenates stdin to stdout.
#
#remote|sample remote printer:\
#       :sh:\
#       :rm=lphost:sd=/var/spool/output/lphost:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:\
#       :if=/usr/local/libexec/if-script:
#
# Simple Russian printer with hardware CP866 character set, output filter
# used for KOI8-R -> CP866 conversion
#
#lp|Russian local line printer:\
#       :sh:of=/usr/libexec/lpr/ru/koi2alt:\
#       :lp=/dev/lpt0:sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:
zenzo|line|HP6L|lp|Hewlett z Packard Laser Jet6L:\
        :sh:sd=/var/spool/zenzo:\
        :lp=/dev/lpt0:\
        :if=/usr/local/libexec/if-simple:\
#       :if=/usr/local/libexec/hpif: