Ports maintainer or adopting a port

Beech Rintoul beech at alaskaparadise.com
Sat Mar 31 07:47:16 UTC 2007

On Friday 30 March 2007, Kimi Ostro said:
> Hello list
>
> Not sure if this is appropriate for this list, basically I am
> looking to hear from past, current and future ports maintainers:
>
> is it fun? what are the requirements? (besides time) what does it
> mean to you? do you recommend it? best way to get started? what do
> I need to know about FreeBSD & Ports?

mailing list.

Next you should read the Porter's Handbook and become very familiar
with it. Just about everything you need to know is in there.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.html

> I am looking at adopting a port or two and looking to gain more
> insight, maybe someone that can do projects page for ports? which
> holds a list of unmaintained ports??

Here is a list of broken ports with no maintainer:

http://people.freebsd.org/~fenner/errorlogs/ports@freebsd.org.html

You can also adopt any port that the maintainer is listed as ports@

Have fun,

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Port Maintainer - beech at alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | FreeBSD Since 4.x
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail   | http://www.freebsd.org
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Latest Release:
/ \  - http://www.freebsd.org/releases/6.2R/announce.html