skype replacement

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Sat Mar 31 07:45:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 23:12:59 -0700 Andriy Babiy wrote:

> > > Thank you. I didn't know about those parameters. I'll give it a try.
> >
> > Well, there are the defaults and are presented at the GENERIC kernel.
> > To answer your question. The default (GENERIC) kernel should use i386
> > binaries, can't say about kernel modules though.

> It should work, but it didn't. As I didn't touch those parameters, they
> were present in my kernel configuration. Is there anything else I should
> set or configure? Just in case, if someone can have a look at my kernel
> config and advise me, please find it attached.
> Thank you.

Well, so far so good. You didn't show any error messages and any
diagnostics. I even can't understand your "it doesn't build on
amd64". Did you give it a try (to install from the port)? Have you got
any error messages? Does your sound card work with FreeBSD
applications? Which version of FreeBSD do you run?

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve