How Write To Win Drive?

Vince jhary at unsane.co.uk
Fri Mar 30 08:39:00 UTC 2007

Stan Cooper wrote:
> # ntfs-3g /dev/ad0s1 /win
> Failed to open /proc/filesystems: No such file or directory
> modprobe: not found
> Failed to open /proc/filesystems: No such file or directory
> Failed to create /dev/fuse: No such file or directory
> fuse: failed to open fuse device: No such file or directory

hmm sounds kind of like the fuse kmod isnt loaded. whats the output of
kldstat ?
you should have a module fuse.ko loaded. If not, check the file exists
(it should be in /usr/local/modules/ ) if it doesnt then you need to
(re)install the sysutils/fusefs-kmod port.
If it is there then try kldload fuse then try the ntfs-3g command again.
you should also have fusefs_enable="YES" in your rc.conf to have the
module loaded on boot. the ntfs-3g program is a bit linux centric so
ignore the /proc/filesystems errors, (it looks like it tries to
"modprobe" the module which again is a linuxism)

Vince