ad0: TIMEOUT - Is my disk dying?

Wood, Russell Russell.Wood at rac.com.au
Fri Mar 30 07:24:35 UTC 2007

Sure. If you install software when your hard drive has bad sectors then
the software your installing may be written around those areas, possibly
won't run properly (if at all) and cause the system to become unstable
which would then result in further data loss. Also, bad sectors are like
a disease and continue to `spread' the more it's used.

- Russell

DISCLAIMER:
Disclaimer.  This e-mail is private and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise us by return e-mail immediately, and delete the e-mail and any attachments without using or disclosing the contents in any way. The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the author, and do not represent those of this company unless this is clearly indicated. You should scan this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. This company accepts no liability for any direct or indirect damage or loss resulting from the use of any attachments to this e-mail.