skype replacement

Andriy Babiy ABabiy at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 30 06:01:30 UTC 2007

> > Since skype requires some i386 binary, it doesn't build on amd64.
>
> Where did you manage to get the sources?
> Why didn't you give a try to use the port (/usr/ports/net/skype)?
> It works just fine at amd64 (COMPAT_IA32 and COMPAT_LINUX32
> should be used for kernel configuration).

Thank you. I didn't know about those parameters. I'll give it a try.
Perhaps, if I add the parameters to the kernel configuration,
linuxflashplugin will build on amd64 too?
Can it be applied to the kernel modules? I have an intergrated network card
from Marvell. They provide i386 binary module only. Is it assumed to be
working if I indicate these parameters; however I think they're helpless
in this case.

Andriy