ping

Michael Grant mg-fbsd3 at grant.org
Thu Mar 29 18:28:53 UTC 2007

I'm fairly sure the problem is not in ipf, something I've been running
for years on other machines.  If run ipmon, it shows me what's being
blocked and by which rule.  Pings are not being blocked by ipf.

The relevent ipf rules are:

block in log on em0 all head 100
pass in quick proto icmp from any to any keep frags group 100
block out    on em0 all head 200
pass out quick proto icmp all keep state keep frags group 200

ipfw, which I didn't really intend on using but it seems to be enabled
anyway, I have this:

10000 allow icmp from any to any icmptypes 8 out
10100 allow icmp from any to any icmptypes 0 in
10200 allow icmp from any to any icmptypes 11 in
65535 allow ip from any to any

Is there an equivalent of ipmon for ipfw?

Michael Grant

Is there