hi

illoai at gmail.com illoai at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 17:11:04 UTC 2007

On 28/03/07, Jerry McAllister <jerrymc at msu.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 09:39:10PM -0400, Drew White wrote:
>
> > Hi Jerry, installed the system. Now getting a terrible message video input
> > 'out of range' on both my monitors... one showsup partially distorted and
> > the other not at all
> > . It worked find on the friends monitor who installed it for me, so i guess
> > its a difference in the monitor and nothe computer .
> >
> > Can you tell me how to get 'in range'? This is weird! Both normal monitors,
> > out of the box!
>
> Please do not post questions back to me personally.
> It is considered to be very bad Email list etiquette.
> Post them to the questions list.   That is the proper
> way.
>
> The second reason, besides etiquette is that the single person may
> well not know the answer and you are cutting yourself short by
> not posting to the list.

The thrydde reason being that should someone wish
to search for answers through the archive, the whole
conversation will be there, failures, followups, (likely)
correct answers, and all.

As for the monitor, you can try hand editing your
/etc/X11/xorg.conf (or whichever you may be using)
and changing the sync ranges to match yours.
A fair database can be found at:
http://monitorworld.com/monitors_home.html