vim port not upgrading

Kevin Brunelle kruptos at mlinux.org
Tue Mar 27 14:03:28 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 27 March 2007 09:40:09 Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> I tried to upgrade vim, and I get a lot of these.
> The number on the left just keeps going up and it just keeps spinning
> it wheels.
>
> Any suggestions?

As you have most likely noticed by now, it stopped at 7.0.214, which is
the "minor" version of vim.  Actually it's a patch version.  vim applies a
series of patches to the original source instead of constantly releasing a
large file including all the source.

It makes patching fairly easy and saves some bandwidth for them.  Just let it
run... it will get them all and your build will complete.

-Kevin