Updating Bind & OpenSSL on 6.1-Stable/Release

Don O'Neil lists at lizardhill.com
Tue Mar 27 05:13:00 UTC 2007

If they are 'ports' specificly built for FreeBSD, shouldn't the port
maintainer make them install like the originals were? Makes sense to me....

Or maybe the original install/release needs to be changed to install the
same as the port.

It's a pain having to debug where everything went, change config files,
update startup scripts, make symlinks, etc... When if it were Linux a simple
RPM install would update it and I'd be done with it.

Just my observations.