log rotation recommendations

Roger Olofsson raggen at passagen.se
Sat Mar 24 22:16:34 UTC 2007

Hello Jeffrey,

I am not familiar with logrotate but my newsyslog.conf rotates whatever
I want just fine. As an example I have this for a small almost unused
apache:

/var/log/httpd-access.log               644  7     1000 24    B
/var/run/httpd.pid 30
/var/log/httpd-error.log                644  7     1000 24    B
/var/run/httpd.pid 30

You might want to adjust size settings etc and this can be found in the
man page for newsyslog.conf.

Good luck!