GTK filedialog crashes Firefox/Thunderbird

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Sat Mar 24 13:05:33 UTC 2007

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 22:39:19 -0600 (MDT)
Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Frank Staals wrote:
>
> > Hmm I wondered if I should have added what WM I was running but I
> > guess so: Running xfce-4.4.0 on xorg-7.2rc3.
> >
> > Fixed by recompiling all my ports seems a lot of work to fix
> > something with GTK :S but well I'm planning on reinstalling FreeBSD
> > not that long from now ( want to switch disc setup ) hope that will
> > fix the problem then. Allthough there ougth to be an better/more
> > specific solution then just recompiling everything ....
>
> After the recent gettext rebuild-everything episode (you've done
> that, right?), I had a problem like I'd had before with GTK: slow
> xfce4.4 startup, slow Terminal startup.  Rebuilding GTK fixed it:
>
> portupgrade -f gtk-2.10.11
>
> It was already at that version, but it seems to depend on order.
>
> Anyway, before you rebuild everything, try rebuilding just GTK.

You also use: "portmanager -u -p -l"

It will update your ports, as well as rebuild dependencies in their
correct order if required if required. Make sure to update your ports
prior to running it if you go that route.

--
Gerard

Hitchcock's Staple Principle:
	The stapler runs out of staples
	only while you are trying to staple something.