help on picking an IMAP server

Peter A. Giessel pgiessel at mac.com
Thu Mar 22 16:14:48 UTC 2007

On 2007/03/22 6:52, David Banning seems to have typed:
> I have Googled away and found lots of people who complain that they can't
> creat subfolders under dovecot. I havn't seen anyone's problem resolved
> in the theads. I have converted mbox to Maildir. I attempt to create
> a subfolder from within Outlook - no go. How are you creating
> the subfolders?

Just tried creating a subfolder on dovecot running on FreeBSD with
Thunderbird 1.5.0.10 as a client.  Worked perfectly.  Using IMAPs
(secure IMAP) and Maildir.  Dovecot was compiled/installed from ports.

Other system info:

~]> dovecot --version
1.0.rc24
~]> uname -a