safe0 and kernel panic

Rajkumar S rajkumars at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 16:13:23 UTC 2007

On 3/22/07, Sam Leffler <sam at errno.com> wrote:
> I have no context.  I see a device not attaching for some reason.  Then
> /dev/crypto not being present (is cryptodev loaded in the kernel?).  But
> a subject line about a panic.

The device is not attaching because bus_dma_tag_create function fails
with the error ENOMEM. (in line 300, safe.c). I have changed
BUS_DMA_ALLOCNOW flag in bus_dma_tag_create to BUS_DMA_COHERENT and
the panic disappears. BUS_DMA_COHERENT was just taken randomly (as in
some other flag) with no idea about it's use or purpose.

> If you've submitted a PR please send me a pointer.  Otherwise you might
> consider submitting one w/ details like what version of freebsd you're
> running.

The PR Number is 110662. I have tried to put as much information as
possible, I am always ready to provide additional details or do some
testing/debugging.

raj