No core dump after panic

Simon Chang simonychang at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 12:00:12 UTC 2007

> I did not use /var/crash because /var was small than RAM. So I
> manually changed the crash directory to /usr partition. I do not know
> how to set savecore flag.

Check out "man savecore" for a list of flags.  You normally set them
in /etc/rc.conf by putting in a line like:  savecore_flags="-v -z",
where -v puts in extra debugging information and -z compresses the
coredump so that you save some space.

> The panic happens only when safenet driver is complied in., GENERIC
> freebsd kernel boots up fine. I am using Axiomtek NA-1281A* I have
> reported the details about the panic in another mail+,

Have you submitted a formal PR?  I have to say that I have not had
experience with that device or driver.  What other responses have you
gotten from people?

SC