Xorg/Gnome 2.16 stops responding to mouse clicks

Darren David darren at 3x3x3.org
Wed Mar 21 18:01:31 UTC 2007

hey all-

I've got an issue where Xorg/Gnome 2.16 stops responding to mouse clicks
- I can click, say, 3 or 4 times once Xorg first launches, but then it's
hit and miss. Some interface elements are clickable, most are not. I
have no problem moving the mouse around. Sometimes, intermittently, the
ability to click will be restored. I was eager to blame my wireless
logitech mouse, but if connectivity were an issue then I would also have
issues moving the pointer around. I can't tell you when the problem
started or for how long it's been going on, I haven't been running Xorg
for many months now, so it's all new to me. PRior to this issue, my
entire nautils desktop background vanished, and I reinstalled Gnome to
fix it.

Corruption somewhere? Driver issue? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Darren David