Undefined symbol "pthread_create"?

Nagy László Zsolt nagylzs at freemail.hu
Wed Mar 21 15:27:21 UTC 2007

>     Did you upgrade your system recently or were compat-v.x packages
> removed? Also, how was pulseaudio installed (package, port, etc)?
>     The pthread lib shouldn't be missing because it is a part of the
> system which can be compiled in easily using gcc -lpthread.
messias# uname -a
FreeBSD messias 6.2-RELEASE-p1 FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p1 #5: Fri Feb 16
22:41:04 CET 2007
gandalf at messias.selfip.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NEPTUNUS  i386

The system was updated with cvsup + make buildworld + make buildkernel
on Feb 16. So it should not be a problem.

The ports tree was updated on Feb 16.
I also ran "portupgrade -a", it finished on Feb 18.
PulseAudio was installed from the ports tree today, it went fine.

messias# pulseaudio --version
pulseaudio 0.9.4

Yes, I'm aware of that -plthread is missing, probably
/usr/local/lib/libpulse.so is missing that. So do you think it is a bug
in libpulse.so? Should I contact ports at freebsd.org?

Thanks,

   Laszlo