FW: /usr parition is empty!

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Fri Mar 16 21:29:26 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 03:54:32PM -0500, Bret J. Esquivel wrote:

> [...]

Well, I wonder if it once was too full and so they moved it somewhere
and either intended but failed to make a link or somehow the link
got overwritten so it can't find the stuff.

In otherwords, all the files and directory structure had been
moved somewhere and there should be a link to it of the sort:
  ln -s /some/other/place /usr
but the link is missing.

If so, you just need to find out where it got put and
make the link for it.

Just one guess,

////jerry