Wrong dependencies..

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Fri Mar 16 18:54:09 UTC 2007

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:27:10 -0800
Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:

> 	How can I convinced portmanager that some/most of these
> 	dependencies are incorrect?  E.G.: both playmidi and
> 	ghostscript-aafpl have been pkg_deleted!  WWhat utility do
> 	I need to run to update the ports/packages list?  I have the
> 	regular ghostscript-gnu that I've had for 12 years...  Any
> 	clues will be greatly appreciated!!

Run 'make config' in the directory and uncheck:

	IMAGEMAGICK_GSLIB

That should do it. Personally, I run the ghostscript-afpl version
myself. On my system, the majority of programs that I use prefer that
version.

As far as 'bison' goes, what program is requiring it? I had the same
problem once, forget what program it was, and I had to configure it to
use the older version of 'bison'. I don't know of any graceful way
around it.

--
Gerard

You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.