Rsync w/ Windows

Roger Olofsson raggen at passagen.se
Fri Mar 16 17:04:56 UTC 2007

Hello Chris,

May I suggest that you take a peek at
http://www.itefix.no/phpws/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=6&MMN_position=23:23

As example I have the following syntax in my cwrsync.cmd

(In this example I backup documents and settings from pc to FreeBSD by
using the script cwrsync.cmd included in the cwrsync distribution. The
script can be run with the windows scheduler)

rsync --exclude-from=excludefiles.txt -avz --delete -e "ssh -i
bin/.ssh/identify" "/cygdrive/c/documents and settings/username"
user at freebsd.server.ip:/path/on/freebsd/server

You will need to create a folder named .ssh in the bin folder of cwrsync
and in that folder create the necessary ssh keys.

Good luck!