Build your own ISO-install-CD?

Ewald Jenisch Ewald.Jenisch at oekb.at
Fri Mar 16 13:56:43 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 12:07:17AM -0800, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> The process is long and complex.  You don't want to do it if you can help
> it.
> If people beg me on this list I'll post the step by step I use but trust me
> you
> really really don't want to do this unless absolutely necessary.

Hi Ted,

I suppose this might be of interest to others too, so maybe you could
post your "receipe" here?

> Here is the easy way to fix this.
>
> 1) Burn a CD with the new driver
>
> 2) Boot off a regular install ISO and install your system plus kernel
> sources
>
> 3) Mount the burned CD and copy the new driver to the kernel
> source location it is supposed to be at
>
> 4) Recompile kernel and your in business.

Nice "shortcut-tip"! :-) Guess copying the complete /usr/src via CD to
the target machine would even be better given the lot of mods that
went into the system and kernel since 6.2 has been released.

Thanks for your hints!
-ewald