Fixing DST manually on rel4 & rel5

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Thu Mar 15 17:12:31 UTC 2007

On Mar 14, 2007, at 10:29 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> echo "ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/PST8PDT /etc/localtime"
> [ ... ]
>
> I think the ln-s line is backwards, I didn't check it.  I think it's
> been a while since they used softlinks for localtime

The use of "ln -s" will work just fine as written.  I don't know why
tzsetup makes a copy of the zoneinfo file rather than setting up a
symlink, but making a copy simply allows the file in /etc to become
out-of-sync if one updates the files under /usr/share{/lib}/zoneinfo
without re-running tzsetup again.

--
-Chuck