sound drivers

Miguel Alcántara miguel.alc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 22:23:33 UTC 2007

This works for me:

$kldload snd_driver
$cat /dev/sndstat

then you will see the correct sound driver, and add that in
/boot/loader.conf

my case:

ofuscado# kldload snd_driver

ofuscado# cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Intel ICH2 (82801BA)> at io 0xd800, 0xdc40 irq 17 bufsz 16384 kld
snd_ich (1p/1r/0v channels duplex default)

ofuscado# cat /boot/loader.conf
snd_ich_load="YES"