Wireless Bridge in FreeBSD 6.1

Sung Park compara at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 23:00:33 UTC 2007

I'm having trouble to bridge two wireless card which is Atheros AR5213A in
FreeBSD 6.1.  I try to make transparent bridge in these two wireless card.

I compiled BRIDGE in kernel and I put

net.link.ether.bridge=1
net.link.ether.bridge_cfg=*ath0*,*ath1*
net.link.ether.bridge_ipfw=1

in sysctl.conf.

Following diagram is what I did it.

(192.168.0.1)Ath0----Ath0,Ath1(192.168.0.2)----Ath0(192.168.0.100)

Left unit is wireless router. Middle unit is transparent bridge. Right unit
is client.  I set up like this.  Ath0 of left unit is AP. Ath0 of middle
unit is Station.  Ath1 of middle unit is AP. Ath0 of right unit is Station.
I can ping from 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.2 but I can't ping from
192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.1.

I tested wired LAN bridge with same configuration. It works well.

Anyone has idea about this or has same problem. Please, help me. Any kind of
information will save me.