No matter what I try I can't get Nvidia 3d acceleration to work. Please help!

hxc at planet.nl hxc at planet.nl
Tue Mar 13 21:12:36 UTC 2007

Chris Slothouber wrote:
> What version of FreeBSD are you currently running.
>
> Check out the FreeBSD Handbook for step-by-step instructions for
> synchronizing your source and building an updated kernel and userland.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cutting-edge.html
>

> hxc at planet.nl wrote:
>> Pieter de Goeje wrote:
>> (snip)
>> fps :-( . Maybe it is an idea to upgrade the kernel? I searched for a
>> good howto but couldn't find anything useful. Who knows a link with
>> more information about this?

Is the only possible to upgrade the kernel by upgrading FreeBSD as a
whole? For now if I understand the total upgrading idea. I would like to
keep FreeBSD stable. in order to upgrade the kernel I need to:

1 Use the cvsup program (gotta figure how yet)
2 Rebuilding world:
read /usr/src/UPDATING

# make buildworld
# make buildkernel
# make installkernel
# reboot

single user mode
# mergemaster -p
# make installworld
# mergemaster
# reboot

# cd /usr/src
# make buildkernel KERNCONF=/MYKERNEL/
# make installkernel KERNCONF=/MYKERNEL

/Darn this looks pretty complicated  :-P