nss_ldap and openldap on the same server.

Gerhard Schmidt estartu at augusta.de
Tue Mar 13 07:23:57 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 07:58:05AM +0900, Daniel Marsh wrote:

> I've run into this very same problem... but the way I got around it was
> putting OpenLDAP in a jail all by its lonesome and making sure that jail
> would start before anything on the host system would start that may need
> LDAP... (effectively meaning the LDAP server is a different "machine")

Hitting the Problem with a really big hammer. Thats cures only the symptoms
not the Problem. As i see it the Problem is that the status/actions in
nsswitch.conf not working. Since man nsswitch.conf stats that
success=return is default an therefore ldap should never be asked for Users
that are in the /etc/passwd file.

I will file a Problemreport for this one.

Bye
	Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | EMail: estartu at augusta.de          |  on request
Germany            | 					|