nss_ldap and openldap on the same server.

Gerhard Schmidt estartu at augusta.de
Tue Mar 13 07:16:43 UTC 2007

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 12:07:15AM +0100, Pietro Cerutti wrote:
> On 3/12/07, Gerhard Schmidt <estartu at augusta.de> wrote:
> >Hi,
> Hello,
>
> >As I see it, nss asks all sources even if the frist one allready knows the
> >answer. Is there a way to change this.
>
> man nsswitch.conf(5)
> Look for Status codes and Actions

Doesn't work. Tried the follwing nsswitch.conf
group: files [success=return] ldap
hosts: files dns
networks: files
passwd: files [success=return] ldap
shells: files

This doesn't change the delay. And the nss_ldap timeout is still reported.
This is not supprising because the manpage states [success=return] is
default.

Seams there is a bug somewhere.

Bye
	Estartu

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | EMail: estartu at augusta.de          |  on request
Germany            | 					|