Problem with kdm

Leslie Jensen leslie at eskk.nu
Mon Mar 12 09:49:57 UTC 2007

Hi

I have a little problem with kdm. When I try to sign on the screen
reverts back to the login dialog after a few seconds. I can use xdm
without any problems.

The problem started when I switched my soundcard from an external
soundblaster to the onboard Intel. I'm using the Intel HDA driver and it
works! The KDE sound does not work but mplayer for example has sound.

I've recompiled KDE but there's no change.

I need suggestions on how to analyze this problem and to get kdm to work
again.

Thanks

Leslie